Why you should start eating insects: The abridged version
The notion of eating insects is popping up all over the place these days in mainstream North American society.
There are many benefits to eating insects, and this is your “Eating Insects 101 Bible”.
If you haven’t tried it yet, I bet that you’ll be pretty intrigued to sample a few after reading!
- Twice the amount of protein than beef
- More iron than spinach
- More calcium than milk (read more about calcium)
- High in B12
- Has all 9 essential amino acids
- Perfect Omega 3:6 ratio
- High in fibre
- High in prebiotic fibre
- Low in calories
- Low in fat
- Lower ecological footprint
- Less water used to produce insects
- Very little feed used to raise insects
- Insects don’t need a lot of room to move around; most are swarming species