These are the ginger cookies that dreams are made of! Absolutely irresistible to anybody fond of ginger and melt in your mouth cookies.
Gluten-Free Soft Ginger Cricket Cookies
Made with NMF Protein 2050 Gluten-Free Cricket Flour
Includes 1g of cricket protein per cookie
Makes 24 cookies
*ingredients are gluten free however crickets contain minimal amount of gluten unless you specifically use gluten-free cricket flour from Next Millennium Farms.
½ cup NMF gluten-free cricket flour
1 ¾ cups all-purpose gluten free flour mix
2 tsp ground ginger
¾ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground cloves
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup organic butter softened
¾ cup organic sugar
3 tbsp molasses
1 tbsp orange juice
3 tbsp organic sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine first group of dry ingredients, flours, spices, baking soda and salt.
- In a second larger bowl, cream together butter, coconut oil and organic sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, molasses and orange juice.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture. When mixed place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to set the dough.
- Place 3 tbsp organic sugar in a small bowl or on a small plate. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and then roll in the sugar. Place the sugared cookie balls on a parchment lined or ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Flatten very slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until bottom and edges are a light golden brown. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the cookie tray.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze them for future friends and family treats!
- Warning, place cookies out of sight out of mind as they have a tendency to call to all nearest sweet tooths!