This perfect summer salad and its bright citrus ento-dressing made with cricket flour, is easy, fresh and delish for any occasion. The roasted wax worms From Next Millennium Farms add wonderful crunch and bring all the flavor needed with no extra spicing necessary. A great salad to add zip and zing to those family bbq’s and potlucks we all love!
Makes 8-10 servings
Citrus Ento-Dressing with Cricket Flour
Makes approx 8 oz dressing
- 1 large navel orange
- 1 lime
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp Moroccan spice
- 1 tbsp cricket flour
Chopped Moroccan Salad
- 2 cups chick peas, cooked and cooled, or canned and rinsed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups cucumber, seeded and diced
- ½ cup red onion, minced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage, red or yellow or a mix of both.
- ¼ to ½ cup roasted Wax Worms
- Using a knife, remove outer peel from both the navel orange and lime leaving the flesh exposed and no pith (the white stuff). Carefully segment and remove each section of orange and lime flesh and place into a blender.
- Add the remaining dressing ingredients to the blender and blend on high for 15-20 seconds. Set aside.
- Combine chick peas, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, pepper and cabbage in large bowl.
- Pour Citrus Ento-Dressing over salad and mix. Place in refrigerator to marinade until ready to serve.
- When serving, place plain roasted wax worms in a small dish on the side for adding to each salad served and sprinkle a few on top of your main dish.