These are the ginger cookies that dreams are made of! Absolutely irresistible to anybody fond of ginger and melt-in-your-mouth cookies.
Includes: 1g of cricket protein per cookie , Makes: 24 cookies
- 1/3 cup (35 g) cricket powder (cricket flour)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine first group of dry ingredients, flours, spices, baking soda and salt.
- In a second larger bowl, cream together butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, brown sugar, molasses and orange juice.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture. When mixed place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to set the dough.
- Mix 2 tbsp brown and 1 tbsp white sugar together in a small bowl or on a small plate. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and then roll in the sugar. Place the sugared cookie balls on a parchment lined or ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Flatten very slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until bottom and edges are a light golden brown. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the cookie tray.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze them for future friends and family treats!
- Warning, place cookies out of sight out of mind as they have a tendency to call to all nearest sweet tooths!