A wonderful easy-to-make treat packed with cricket nutrition and antioxidants. The crunch of the nuts and roasted crickets with the sweet cranberries and dark chocolate is sure to satisfy that sweet tooth! Try different nuts and goji berries to change it up, feel free to double or triple the recipe and freeze for later.
Cranberry Cricket Bark
Made with Next Millennium Farms Protein 2050 Organic Roasted Whole Crickets
275 grams semi sweet dark chocolate (or 1 ½ cups chocolate chips)
1 tsp coconut oil
1/3 cup chopped pecans, or preferred other nuts
¼ cup dried cranberries
½ cup Next Millennium Farms Protein 2050 roasted crickets
Pinch of sea salt
- Place roasted crickets into a paper bag and vigorously shake. Place bag contents into a colander and separate the whole crickets from most of the legs. You can leave the legs in if you prefer- it’s your choice.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil over a double-boiler on low heat or in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Add chocolate in several stages to prevent burning.
- Stir in the nuts, cranberries, whole roasted crickets and sea salt.
- Spread the mixture onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Once set, chop or break up and share with your friends!