These biscuits made with #CricketFlour are the perfect side for any soup or a great start to your day with eggs and salsa. Go wild with different cheeses or a mix of what’s in your refrigerator. Some herbs perhaps?
Cheddar Cricket Biscuits
Made with Entomo Farms Protein2050 cricket flour
Contains 1.5g of insect protein per serving
Makes 10-12 biscuits
1 ¾ all purpose flour
¼ cupEntomo Farms Protein2050 cricket flour
1 TBSP baking powder
1 TBSP organic granulated sugar
½ tsp sea salt
¼ cup cold butter
1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
¾ cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 450F
- In a large bowl or food processor mix flours, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or by running your food processor until the consistency is similar to almond or corn meal.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the cheddar cheese. Use your hands to toss and combine.
- Add all of the milk and stir until a soft dough forms. Remove from the bowl and knead 10 times on a floured surface.
- Use a rolling pin and roll the dough out to approx. ½ inch thick. Cut into 2” rounds using a small mug or glass (flour the rim to prevent sticking). Place your biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until your biscuits are golden brown on the bottom and nice and puffy.
- Remove from the oven and call the family, warm biscuits are truly irresistible!