Traditional Pancakes with a Cricket Twist
Everyone loves traditional pancakes, especially when doused with warm maple syrup and fresh, plump berries. But these pancakes will make you even happier because they are super healthy for you thanks to the cricket powder. Protein, B12, calcium, iron, and fibre are just a few of the great nutrients that you’ll get when you eat these goodies!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (40 g) cricket powder
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Icing sugar (optional for decoration)
- Fresh berries (optional for decoration)
- In a large bowl, combine all your dry ingredients until they are mixed well. Make a valley in the centre of the bowl for the milk, egg and melted butter, and mix well until your batter is smooth.
- On medium high heat, warm your frying pan or griddle, lightly oiled or buttered. Use a ¼ cup measuring scoop to pour the batter into the pan or griddle. Serve immediately once both sides are lightly browned to perfection.
- Top with fresh berries, or lightly dusted icing sugar