Pumpkin Cricket Mug Cake
Thanks so much to Sara for this creative, delicious and healthy single-serving mug cake. Sara is literally the queen of mug cakes, and is always coming up with some amazing culinary creations. She is also a huge fan of cricket protein, because fitness and health is a huge part of her life, and she includes it in a lot of her dishes. Follow her on Instagram to get inspired!
This recipe is just one of many in our special Healthy Holiday Recipes series.
Low Carb, Low Calorie Single-serving Mug Cake
- 2 Tbsp. oat fiber (White/wheat/oat flour would work here too, I think!)
- 1 Tbsp.(10 g) cricket powder
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. egg whites (Or a whole egg for a richer cake)
- 3 Tbsp. water or milk
- Dash glucomannan (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin, butternut, or sweet potato puree
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Sweetener to taste (I like two packets of splenda!)
- dash apple cider vinegar
- Mix ingredients well, adding vinegar last.
- Microwave 1:30-2:00 min, until done.
- Top with whipped cream, sugar-free syrup, chocolate chips, walnuts, or whatever your heart desires!
- I like to flip my cake over in the bowl so the syrup absorbs!