Oats Pie with Cricket Flour, Fig and Walnuts
This recipe from Oh My Bug Recipes is one that will keep you powered up for a good long time! We weren’t sure if we should post it as a main dish or as a dessert, so we chose a main dish, because we think this would make the perfect way to start your day for breakfast! Now that being said, it would also be a wicked snack, and a great dessert as it does have some sweetness to it for those looking for a bit of a sweet thing. Check Oh My Bug out for many more creative and delicious insect dishes!
Watch How To Do It!
- 90 gram oats
- 90 gram bran cereal
- 35 gram (3.5 Tablespoons) cricket flour
- 100 gr walnuts
- 11 dried figs
- 100 gram cranberries
- 50 gram pumpkin seeds
- 50 gram chia seeds
- 60 ml honey
- 100 ml coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 175 C° and line a cake spring tin (26 cm) with parchment paper.
- Tip: Put figs in warm water until soft.
- Chop-up figs and cranberries into small pieces.
- Mash the walnuts into small pieces.
- Heat up the coconut oil for several minutes in a pan, until soft
- Put the oats, cereal, cricket flour, chopped walnuts, chia seeds, figs, cranberries and
pumpkin seeds in a bowl. Add honey and coconut oil to the oat-mix and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and press down firmly. Bake for 20 minutes, then let cool in pan for 15 minutes untill soft and firm.
- Remove from the sides, cut into desired shape and serve. Enjoy!