Oat Banana Cricket Blueberry Muffins
Thank you so much to @agilb096 for this easy, healthy and delicious recipe for Oat Banana Cricket Blueberry Muffins.
This is what she said about her muffins:
“How adventurous are you with trying new foods? Tonight I made these banana berry muffins using cricket protein powder from @entomofarms. I’m excited to try them and share with fellow adventurous friends.”
Check out her website, Millions of Peaches, it’s full of inspiration, and follow her on instagram!
1 cup quick rolled oats
¼ cup (40 g) cricket powder
¼ cup all purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup flax (ground or whole)
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cups (3 or 4) bananas, mashed
¼ cup coconut oil or butter, melted
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line muffin tins or lightly spray tin.
- Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk together bananas, coconut oil or butter and egg. Tip: if the bananas and egg are too cold, the coconut oil will return to solid state after melted. If using, add coconut oil in after whisking the other wet ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Evenly distribute batter amongst muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.