Thank you so much to Jackie Churcher for sharing this recipe for classic fruitcake with a twist for our Holiday Special. This fruitcake is vegetarian and gluten-free, and is so full of flavor that everyone will love it! This fruitcake tastes like a traditional fruitcake, but has some magical ingredients added to make sure there’s lots of nutrients in there, too!
Check our Holiday Recipe Blog for more incredible recipes for the holidays!
6 cups diced dried fruit (currants, prunes, figs, golden raisins, dates, apricots)
1/2 tsp each: all spice, cinnamon, mace, cloves, salt, baking soda, baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp molasses
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
zest and juice from 1 Orange
1/4 cup Grand Marnier
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup (40 g) cricket flour
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (or other sugar)
3 tbsp coconut oil
- Soak the first set of ingredients for 2 hours
- Then add the second set of ingredients into the first set
- Pour into baking round or dish, use parchment paper or grease with coconut oil.
- Sprinkle top with coconut sugar
- Cook at 275 for about 4 hours, until toothpick comes out clean.