Chewy Cricket Muesli Bars From The Cricket Bakery
Thank you so much to The Cricket Bakery from Sydney, Australia for allowing us to share this delicious recipe for Chewy Cricket Muesli Bars.
Make a lot, these babies are gonna go fast!
- 1/2 cup Roasted Crickets and/or
- 1/2 cup Cricket Powder
- 1 1/2 cups of Organic Wheat-Free Oats
- 1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 cup of seeds; Pepitas, Sunflower etc.
- Throw in your choice of hemp, chia or any nuts
- 4-5 Tbsps Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsps Coconut Oil
Additional ingredients for sticky paste:
- 1 cup Soaked Dates
- 1/2 cup Nut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to about 320 F.
- Combine all the top ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, not the ‘sticky paste’ ingredients.
- Lay evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, turning often.
- Blend the ingredients for the sticky paste in a food processor and mix very well with the roasted ingredients.
- Squash down into a baking pan, bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow it to cool down.
- Slice into bars, once it is fully cooled down.