Thank you to @greghickey5 (Twitter) for this incredible recipe for the perfect Post-Workout Cricket Cake. What’s better than a piece of delicious cake after a wicked workout? Especially healthy, delicious and energizing cake!
Check out the original recipe at http://www.kinesophy.com/sustainable-protein
For the cake:
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups applesauce
- 1 ¼ cups cricket powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons stevia
For the frosting (optional):
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat an oven to 325 °F (165 °C)
- Add the eggs and peanut butter to a mixing bowl. Beat the eggs and combine them with the peanut butter.
- Add the applesauce, cricket powder and stevia, and mix into a uniform batter.
- Pour the batter into a parchment-lined 9” x 13” baking tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Once the cake is done, combine the frosting ingredients in a bowl and mix into a uniform paste.
- Spread the frosting on the cake. (This is best done while the cake is still warm, as the frosting is a little thick.)
- Allow the cake to cool and frosting to set up before serving.