Thank you so much to our customer Al, for this incredible recipe using Cricket Powder! He blended so many healthy ingredients for these savory Cricket, Cheddar and Spinach Scones. We hope you enjoy them!
- 1/2 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Entomo Farms Cricket Powder
- 1 cup Wholewheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2.5 tablespoons cold Unsalted Butter, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped Green Onion
- 1 1/4 cup milk of choice (I use 1%)
- Preheat oven to 425. Grease a muffin tray and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder and salt and stir to mix well.
- Cut in butter, mix
- Add cheese, spinach, onion and milk and stir until just combined.
- Place dough into muffin tray so the mixture is sticking just above the dish.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Brush the tops of each scone with the melted butter. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- Bake at 425 for 14-16 minutes, until scones are cooked through and tops are a light golden brown.