Cricket Brownies with Sour Cream
Thanks to our customer, Sara, for this scrumptious recipe for cricket brownies! These moist brownies, made with the nutritional goodness of cricket powder (cricket flour), will go so fast, you better make a double batch! Sara formulated this recipe from an original recipe found at www.oakhurstdairy.com
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 whole eggs (allow to come to room temperature)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup (40 g) cricket powder (cricket flour)
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8-inch square pan.
- In large mixing bowl blend butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat in room-temperature eggs.
- Using a spoon, mix in sour cream. Combine flour, cricket powder (cricket flour) cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Stir dry ingredients mix into wet mix.
- Bake 35 minutes, check and possibly bake 5-10 minutes more.
- Cool for 10 – 15 minutes