These delicious cookies are gluten-free
Made with Protein 2050 Organic Cricket Powder , Makes 45 cookies
1 cup almond butter
¾ cup coconut palm sugar
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
Mint Cricket Ganache
1¾ cups semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
1 ½ Tbsp coconut milk
1 ½ tsp peppermint extract
2 Tbsp (20 g) Protein2050 Organic Cricket Powder
- Heat up water in a double boiler or place a glass bowl over a pot of water and heat at medium to high heat.
- Melt chocolate, coconut milk and peppermint extract. Stir with a whisk while melting.
- Add Protein2050 cricket powder (gluten-free if necessary)
- Add more almond milk and whisk until consistency is thin, not watery but not thick.
- Take each cookie and place top down into the ganache. Remove and then place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place cookies into the refrigerator or freezer to cool and set.
- Voila! These cookies also freeze very well for future midnight mint snacks!
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Using an electric mixer, beat together almond butter, eggs, coconut sugar, baking soda, cocoa powder and vanilla extract.
- The dough will be quite sticky and thick. Place dough in between two large pieces of plastic wrap and with a rolling pin roll out as thin as possible.
- Place dough onto a cookie sheet and put into the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to chill.
- Use a cookie cutter or rim of a glass to cut out cookie circles.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and then bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool while you make your cricket ganache.