½ cup maple syrup
½ cup butter, melted
1 cup mashed banana – approx 2 large
¼ cup (40 g) Protein 2050 cricket powder (cricket flour)
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup tapioca flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground cloves
1 cup powdered icing sugar
275 g cream cheese, room temperature
5 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. Grease a 1.5 quart loaf pan.
3. Whisk together butter and maple syrup, then whisk in
banana and eggs.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together Protein2050 cricket powder, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
5. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
6. Pour the batter into your loaf pan.
7. Bake for 50-60 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the center is cooked. You can test this by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf- if it comes out clean then you are done. If sticky or gooey, then put it back in the oven for a few more minutes. Keep checking with the toothpick. Once it comes out clean, you know it’s good to come out of the oven.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing the loaf to cool on a wire rack.
1. Place cream cheese and maple syrup into a bowl and beat well with an electric mixer.
2. Add icing sugar and mix well.
3. Adjust maple syrup to taste.
Ice your maple cricket cake and enjoy with friends and family!
This cake also freezes well for lunches or future maple craving emergencies!