Tweet Share 0 Reddit +1 Pocket LinkedIn 0
This recipe from Meghan @BugVivant is packed with nutrition and flavor!
It’s hard not to love a fritter … this spicy fritter made with fresh corn and cricket powder will melt your heart. Here’s a great comfort food to get you out of your comfort zone.
Makes 10 Fritters
● 1/2 cup (50 g) cricket powder (cricket flour)
● 2 beaten large eggs
● 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan
● 1/2 teaspoon salt
● 2 cups fresh corn kernels
● 2 thinly sliced scallions
● 1/2 finely chopped seeded jalapeño
● 2 Tbsp olive oil
● 1 cup light sour cream ● 1 teaspoon lime juice ● 1/3 cup chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce ● 1 tablespoon lightly toasted weevils optional
1. In food processor, pulse 45 times or finely dice 2 cups corn kernels, 1 scallion, and jalapeño.
2. In a large bowl, combine corn/veggie mixture with 2 eggs, 1/4 cup cricket powder, 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
Press the mixture into a fine mesh strainer to remove excess liquid.
3. Mix sour cream, lime juice and chipotle peppers
Refrigerate dip and fritter mix for about ½ hr.
4. Working in batches, cook heaping tablespoonfuls of batter until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side; season fritters with salt.
5. Serve with sour cream and sprinkle with weevils.
Makes about 10-12 patties