Tweet Share 0 Reddit +1 Pocket LinkedIn 0
Cricket Ricotta Pancakes
These Cricket Ricotta Pancakes are perfect for breakfast before a long day, packed as a mid morning snack, or for lunch with a side of syrup for a dip. The cricket powder (cricket flour) is chock full of protein, B12, iron, calcium, prebiotic fibre and so many other amazing minerals and vitamins. The pancakes are a great back-to-school meal or snack, giving you and your family all the energy you need for the entire day.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cricket powder, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a second bowl, whisk eggs. The whisk in ricotta, milk, vanilla and oil.
- Make a well in flour mixture. Pour in egg mixture and stir just until combined. Add water to thin and to correct consistency.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan to medium temperature. Lightly brush with remaining butter or oil if needed. When hot, scoop about 1/4 cup batter into pan. Cook until bubbles form on the top, 2 to 3 min. Flip and cook until golden brown, about 2 more min. Reduce heat if pancakes are browning too quickly. Remove and cover to keep warm.
- Serve with maple syrup or your favorite pancake topping!
- Keep on cooking them as your family will come running!